Resizing an image on Windows is an easy task. You can use inbuilt tools available in Windows to resize the images according to your needs.
You can use the Photos application or you can use Paint on your Window to resize the images quickly.
If you want more professional programs for resizing images then you can use Photoshop or you can use Image Resizer by Tweaking Technologies.
Resizing an image goes in both ways, you can either resize the image to a larger size or you can downsize the image. You can downsize an image easily, however, for resizing an image to a bigger resolution then you have to use a professional image resizer software. Many times it happens that when we resize the image then it becomes blurry and pixelated, so you have to carefully resize the images. Also, you have to make sure that you are keeping the quality of the image you are resizing.
How to resize an image on Windows using the Photos app
Photos program is the default image viewer program that comes preinstalled on Windows. It is a versatile tool using which you can view images stored on your computer. This simple tool allows you to edit images you open using the program.
Let’s see how we can resize the images using Photos app on Windows:
1. Photos app is by default a photos viewer application on Windows. So, you just have to double-click on the photo you want to open.
2. Once thepicture is opened you will find different options. To resize the image, we suggest you click on three dots in the middle of the program. And then click on the Resize button.
3. New popup window will open containing the different resizing options. You can use the preset option or you can choose customer dimensions.
4. If you choose the custom dimensions options then you will be presented other options for changing the size of the pictures. You will be presented with the Height Width and Maintain aspect ratio option.
Once you have selected the dimensions then you have to click on Save resized copy.
That’s it the image will be resized.
How to resize an image on Windows using Microsoft Paint
Paint is a preinstalled photo editor program available in Windows. It comes by default and the photo editor program installed comes in Windows. Paint is a very simple and easy to use photo editor program that will help you to resize the image easily.
Let’s look at the steps below to resize the images using Paint:
1. Launch the paint program and click on File > Open and then select the photo you want to resize. You can also directly right-click on the image you want to resize and then click on Edit to open it in the paint.
2. Now from the Home tab click on the Resize button. Now the “Resize and Skew” popup window will open.
3. From this popup window you can resize the image according to Percentage or Pixels. If you have selected the percentage then you have to enter the percentage to resize the image. Or if you have selected pixels then you have to enter the pixels to resize the image. You can also enter the Skew (Degree) to resize the images.
5. Now click on the OK button to resize the image according to the dimensions you have set.
6. Now you can save the resized image. To do so click on File > Save As.
7. Now you will see the popup window from which you can save the file.
That’s it the photo will be resized according to your needs.
Use Third Party Program to Resize The Images:
There are different image resizer programs available on the internet that will help you to resize the images. Image Resizer is one of the best bulk image resizer programs available using which you can resize multiple images at once or you can resize a single image.
Image Resizer is a great image resizer program for windows using which you can resize the image easily.
Let’s look at the steps below to use Image Resizer for resizing the images without losing the quality.
Once the program is installed you have to launch it.
To add the photos, click on the Add Photos or Add Folder button, to add the photos or to add the whole folder at once.
You can also drag and drop the photos or you can drag and drop the folder for resizing the images.
Once the images are selected you have to click on RESIZE SETTINGS. Here you will see all the resizing options that this program offers. You can set the program according to your need.
You can also change the Rotate Options.
Now you have to select the OUTPUT SETTINGS. Here you can select the output folder and the format in which you want to save the file.
Once done you have to click on the Process button to resize the picture.
That’s it the image will be resized.
Image resizing can be an easy task if we are working with a good tool. You can use inbuilt tools available in Windows or you can use Image Resizer to resize the images according to your needs.