In East Brunswick, there are several cases of DWI, DUI, criminal and providing alcohol to minors are registered with the police and received their hearings. Among all these cases, providing alcohol to minors is the most common crime of which several people are accused.
If you are charged with a crime of providing alcohol to minors, you need to hire the best East Brunswick, NJ, criminal attorney to defend your case. Here are further details of the crime.
Providing alcohol to minors crime
Providing alcohol to children is one of the offenses that criminal defense attorneys frequently fight in East Brunswick. The NJSA 2C:33-17 is the New Jersey law that governs this crime which states that the State must demonstrate that the defendant offered, served, or had alcohol available to someone who was not of legal drinking age on purpose or knowingly.
The “mens rea” component of the law is referred to as this state of mind. The State must thereby show that the defendant gave alcohol to minors with intent or with knowledge, as the case stands.
As you can see, if parents or guardians are just serving alcohol to their children at home, they may not be held accountable for these accusations. However, if the parents or guardian are giving their child—along with the child’s underage friends—alcohol, this may subject the parent or guardian to criminal culpability.
Additionally, the law’s paragraph addresses situations in which a person leaves their property in the care of another or makes it accessible for a party or gathering where alcohol would be provided to minors.
How to Choose a Defense Attorney in East Brunswick
- When it comes to finding the right criminal attorney in East Brunswick, NJ, it can be a daunting task. With so many options to choose from, how do you know which one is the best fit for your specific case?
- One way to narrow down your search is to look for attorneys who specialize in the type of crime you have been charged with. For example, if you have been accused of DWI, you want to find an attorney with experience handling similar cases and a track record of success.
- Another important factor to consider is the attorney’s communication style. It’s crucial to find an attorney who is responsive and easy to talk to, as you will work closely with them throughout the legal process. They should be able to clearly explain the charges against you and the options available, as well as provide you with regular updates on your case.
- Word-of-mouth recommendations can also be very helpful when it comes to finding a top-notch criminal attorney in East Brunswick. Ask friends, family members, or other legal professionals if they know of any criminal attorneys they would recommend.
- Ultimately, the most important thing is finding an attorney you feel comfortable working with and trust to fight for your rights. A good criminal attorney will be your advocate and guide you through the legal process every step of the way.
If you need a criminal attorney in East Brunswick, NJ, don’t hesitate to reach out and schedule a consultation. With the right legal representation, you can rest assured that your rights will be protected and your case will be handled with the utmost care and attention.
Easy Brunswick municipal court
The East Brunswick Municipal Court is situated at 1 Jean Walling Civic Center Drive, East Brunswick, New Jersey 08816. The court timings are
Monday (9 a.m.)
Tuesday (5 p.m.)
Wednesday (9 a.m.)
You can also call the court on their telephone number (732) 390-6915 and also reach the East Brunswick Police Department at 732-390-6900.
If you are accused of a DWI, DUI crime, or accused of providing alcohol to minors, get in touch with the best East Brunswick, NJ, criminal attorneys from The Law Office of Jonathan F. Marshall and get a free consultation.